Your assignment as a 3D printing engineer is to develop a demonstrator part for the use of topological optimization in the machinery industry. In collaboration with our customer you will identify an existing part/assembly to be redesigned for 3D printing. After the selection you will redesign the part (including Topological Optimization) and make a comparison between the conventionally produced part and your redesign.
Some of the topics:
- Identify parts/assemblies to be redesigned for 3D printing
- Redesign parts using Fusion 360 and Topological optimization software
- Make a business case of both the old design and the redesigned part.
- Active communication towards our customer on the progress of the project
- Ensure optimum printability by partnering with our 3D printing production network
- 3D print your design
Next to your main assignment you will support other customers with smaller inquiries.
Solving technical problems is your hobby
Passionate about 3D printing / Additive manufacturing
Skilled in topological optimization or eager to learn fast
Mechanical engineering / Industrial engineering study
Pro: Experience with Metal 3D printing (SLM)
What we offer
We offer an internship in a young, fast growing and dynamic company based in Eindhoven at the Brainport Industries Campus. The campus is also called the Factory of the Future. During your internship you will have the opportunity and freedom to develop yourself in industrial 3D printing as well as Topological Optimization.
Interested? Send an email to Maarten van Dijk with your resume and motivation letter (firstname.lastname@example.org)